Just Having Fun

"Pickup Sticks"  Watercolor
Can you tell I enjoyed doing this painting?  At an outdoor Fred Graff  watercolor workshop in Medina a couple of years ago, I found this large barrel with very long pieces of wood stuck in at various angles and I decided to just have some fun with it.  When I first completed it, I thought of calling it "French Fries" for obvious reasons, but decided on "Pickup Sticks" because I felt that better conveyed the sense of playfulness I felt while painting it.  If you wish to challenge yourself and push the envelope, I highly recommend Fred's workshops.  They are always fun, stimulating, and extremely well presented.  Oh, and did I mention exhausting?  But, so very worth it.  To check out Fred's paintings and his workshop schedule click here.

Comments

Popular Posts