Another Opening, Another Show!

"By the Side of the Road"  Oil
Excitement was high for today's opening reception for the Medina County Art League's 7th Annual Aquarius Exhibition (despite the snow).  The quality of the art was outstanding and I was thrilled to win an Honorable Mention for my oil painting, "By the Side of the Road."  This painting was done on location in Fortier Park in North Olmsted.  I struggled with just about every aspect of it, and was about to toss it when I remembered words of wisdom from one of my painting friends:  "If it's not working, scrape it off!"  And, I did...which left an interesting background to set off the enhanced foreground flowers and grasses.

This exhibit is being held on the third floor of the Medina County District Library, 210 South Broadway, Medina.  It runs through February 25, 2011 and is open during library hours.  If you visit the show, you are invited to vote for your favorite piece of art, and the artist receiving the most votes by the end of the exhibit is awarded the People's Choice Award.

Comments

Popular Posts